Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- pecan sandies crushed
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 3 8 oz. pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 13.4 oz. can of dulce de leche
- 1 tsp
- 2 small
- granny smith apples, peeled/sliced
- remainder of dulce de leche
- other possible additions: chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips
Melt butter and add to crushed pecan sandies, mix completely and press into 8 or 9 inch round spring form pan (I used a 9 inch pan). Bake for 10 minutes, remove and let cool slightly while making filling.
While cooling, peel/slice apples. Place into microwave safe bowl and add remaining dulce de leche. Heat for 30 seconds and stir together. Heat for another 30 seconds to soften apples.
Let cool down to warm before adding to top of of cheesecake.