Caprese corn salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- two ears fresh sweet corn, husked, about 1 cup kernels
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
1Boil ears of corn for three minutes in boiling water. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels away from cob. Set aside.
2Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and corn in a large bowl.
Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper together. Toss with salad. Serve at room temperature or chill until ready to serve. Makes 4 cups