Banana Rum Cake
- 100 g
- golden raisins, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 c
- 175 g
- flour, about 1 1/3 cups
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 125 g
- unsalted butter, melted? (4 1/2 ounces - that's a bit more than a stick of butter)
- 150 g
- sugar, that's a scant 1/2 cup
- small, very ripe bananas (about 340g weighed without skin), smashed?
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped - or more if you like
Put the golden raisins to soak in the rum.
Grease and flour two small bundt pans. If you don't have such a thing, I think that doing just one big bundt pan will work.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar.
Beat in the eggs. Then stir in the smashed bananas.
Add the dry ingredients and stir well, but not furiously.
Then stir in the pecans, raisins and rum.
Spoon into the bundt pans and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. When they're ready, an inserted toothpick or fine skewer should come out clean.