Chilled Salmon Salad with Orange Citrus Onions
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine (or 1/4 cup each lemon juice and water)
- 3 med. yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp. lime peel, grated
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- 5 oz. mixed dark leafy salad greens, about 4 cups loosely packed
- fresh dill sprigs or italian parsley
1Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
2Portion red onion onto salmon fillets and press on evenly with back of spoon.
3Pour wine into 10 inch skillet and heat until bubbling at the edges. Set salmon in wine, return liquid to a gentle boil and cover.
4Let cook gently without turning for 6 or 7 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and topping is rosy. Chill fish and liquid.
5For Orange Citrus Onions: Heat oil in a large skillet, add yellow onions and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden.
6Remove from heat and mix in orange and lime peels and orange juice. Cover and chill.
7To serve, portion lettuce onto 4 plates. Top with salmon fillets.
8Lift onions from liquid with slotted spoon or fork and top salmon.
9Spoon juice from onions over salmon and lettuce. Garnish with dill.