Steel Cut Oatmeal in a Slow Cooker
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- quick cooking steel cut oats
- 2 c
- *boiling* water
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (optional)
1Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker. Heat up the slow cooker on *HIGH (or LOW if cooking for 1 1/2 hours) for about 10 minutes.
*I have only tested this recipe using the HIGH setting.
2Meanwhile, boil 2 cups water. Place 1 cup of the steel cut oats in the heated slow cooker.
3Pour the boiling water over the oats. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes (usually it will take less time than that to cook completely).
4Serve with your favorite oatmeal topping suggestions below.
5Serving suggestions c/o Bob's Red Mill:
1. The Old School: brown sugar, butter salt
2. Doctor's Orders: Greek yogurt, flaxseed, blueberries
3. The Truck Stop: fried egg, sausage links, cheddar cheese, hot sauce
4. The Hang Loose: toasted coconut flakes, pineapple chunks, toasted macadamia nuts
5. Oat Couture: dried cherries, creme fraiche, balsamic reduction.