Grilled Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich
Two and at times three sandwiches were sufficient to carry me through to lunch time. Growing boys can eat.
The addition of cooked bacon makes it doubly good. Some folks enjoy smearing a little Hellmann's or Miracle Whip on theirs.
And -- There is no reason you couldn't add a little jelly or jam. Though I don't.
My preference is to serve it on Hearty Rye Bread. Sourdough Bread could be my second choice.
For many years this has also been my preference for a late night snack, accompanied by a hot cup of Chocolate Malt Ovaltine. Soothing on the tummy and the nerves.
Is it Bed Time yet?
- 2 slice
- bread of choice (rye is my peference)
- generous portion of peanut butter (smooth is my preference)
- pats of butter divided
- 2 to 3
- cooked bacon strips
- a smathering of hellmann's or miracle whip (optional)
- your favorite jelly or jam (optional)
- the tartest most puckering dill pickle in the fridge
- celery sticks
- use your imagination