Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- milk (warm)
- 2 pkg
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- margarine (melted but not to hot)
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- 3 c
- flour and more to knead with
11. Mix milk, yeast and sugar. Add margarine and egg yolk. Gradually add flour until bread dough consistency. You may need more flour at this time to make it come together.
22. Let rise until double in bulk. Divide and roll in to small 1 inch balls and let rise again. Place in 9 x 13 pan or jelly roll pan for the second rise.
33. Use fingers to make indentation in the middle and fill with fruit.
44. Sprinkle with pasifka (mixture of equal amounts of sugar and flour with enough melted margarine to make crumbly.
55. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with sugar while still hot.
Dough can also be used for pecan rolls.
Enough for 4 dozen fruit kolaches.
6for meat kolaches:
use sausage links or ham and cheese or whatever meat you like for breakfast. roll out dough and roll the meat inside. let rise and bake. I add cheese as well to mine. Many people put scrambled eggs and other things inside them as well
For appples, peaches and apricots, cover with water and cook until plump. Sugar to taste.
Cherries - used canned tart pie cherries. Cook with sugar, small amount of flour and teaspoon of almond flavoring till thickened