New York - Baked Apple French Toast
For those of us who always go for sweet over savory when it comes to breakfast, French Toast is a go-to choice. This quick and easy to make recipe does not disappoint.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling or topping
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 10 slices day-old 100% whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
1Spoon fruit filling into a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish.
2In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
3Dip bread slices in egg mixture for 1 minute.
4Arrange 2 rows of bread on top of fruit filling, overlapping slices slightly.
5Brush bread with melted butter or margarine.
6Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
7Bake uncovered, in preheated 350° F oven for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
8Serve fruit side up.