Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 medium
- joseph's (josephsbakery.com) flax, oat bran & whole wheat pita bread pockets, cut into quarters and then split into halves
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 4 large
- 2 c
- 1 pkg
- 5.2 oz or larger boursin cheese, any flavor you choose
- 10 pinch
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- finely chopped ham, sausage, leftover steak, lunchmeat or seafood (such as crab)
- 1 c
- finely chopped and drained savory vegetable, such as red pepper, spinach or peas
- 1/2 c
- minced herbs such as parsely, basil, thyme, lovage and green onion: your choice
PREPARE THE PAN
MAKE THE FILLING
1Preheat your oven to 375º F.
2Brush insides of 12-count regular muffin pan with the 3T of melted butter. Taking one of your twelve split "loaves" of pita (two pieces), line the muffin cup with the corners slightly staggered. Your three loaves should yield twelve quarters overall, and split, that gives you two thin pieces to line the muffin cup.
3Meanwhile, crack four large eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk to beat lightly. Add 2 cups of half-and-half and blend. Add salt and pepper and the minced herbs, making a nice thin batter.
4Scoop about 1T of the Boursin cheese into each muffin cup. Add a pinch of the chopped meat, distributing all equally through the twelve tins. Add a pinch of your savory vegetable, distributing all equally through the twelve tins. Add a pinch of crispy onions or nuts, if you like them and are not allergic.
6Bake at 375º F for 22-25 minutes.
7Let pan cool for ten minutes. Use a pie server or spatula to loosen each cup around the crust, and gently remove to cool.
9These reheat well in the microwave.