Featured Pinch Tips Video
- make as many as you need...
- butter for the ramekins
- thinly sliced ham, turkey or any deli meat
- tomato slices or picante sauce
- large eggs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- crumbled or grated monterey jack, mexican cotija, goat cheese or other cheese
1Butter individual ramekins and in each one, place a piece of thinly sliced ham. Top the ham with tomato slices, or if you’re feeling spicy, a couple of tablespoons of picante sauce instead.
2Gently crack an egg over the top of each ramekin. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup grated cheese. Monterey jack works very nicely, but crumbly cheeses such as Cotija or goat cheese are good, too.
3Broil for 2 to 4 minutes, removing when the yellow of the egg is still soft but not overly runny. If you have people in your house who are avers to runny yolks, just leave them under the broiler for an extra minute. Serve with fresh fruit and breakfast potatoes.