Breakfast Eggy Baskets
The kids I babysit for love these for more than just breakfast. Even my fiance who hates bread scarfs these down!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- slices texas toast bread or regular sandwich bread
- nonstick cooking spray or butter
- few dash(es)
- egg spice or just salt & pepper
- this is approx what i use when i make enough "egg spice" to fill a small empty spice jar and keep available. works great as a seasoning salt on other dishes as well!
- 3 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- cayenne pepper (optional)
ALICIA'S EGG SPICE
Using a round cookie cutter/biscuit cutter or even careful tearing, remove a circle of bread from the very middle of each slice and set aside.
Depending on how firm you like the yolk either crack it in right away (for a hard yolk) or wait about 20-30 seconds (for a runny yolk).