Baked eggs with basil, tomato and cheese
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- eggs, depending on how many people you are serving
- red or yellow cherry tomatoes per egg, quartered
- mozzarella cheese sticks sliced thin, use about 5 slices per egg
- fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 2-3 Tbsp
- half and half, use 1 tsp. per egg used
- coarse sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. You can use individual glass custard cups or if making for a large group, a 9x13 inch glass baking pan. Spray your pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray.
2Scatter your tomato, cheese and basil in the bottom of pan. Crack your eggs in a small shallow cup, one at a time and pour over tomato-cheese mixture. Be careful not to break the yolks. Top eggs with a small amount of tomato and cheese slices, sprinkle with a couple teaspoons of sliced basil. Top each egg with 1 tsp. of half and half to prevent drying out. Season with coarse sea salt and ground black pepper.
3Bake at 400 degrees for at least 10-15 minutes. Start checking at 10 minutes. The whites should be opaque and set, the yolks set but still soft. If you use individual cups the eggs will cook faster. Serve immediately, sit back and enjoy the compliments.... Merry Christmas everyone.