Hard-boiled Eggs on Toast
The cook time given in this recipe is only an estimate. It may take you more or less time to both hard boil the eggs and to make the béchamel (white) sauce depending on how you do it and what your recipe is.
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- milk (1% or 2%)
- large eggs
- 4-8 slice
- bread (farmer's, wheat, white)
- butter for spreading on the toast
MEDIUM WHITE SAUCE
Hard-boiled eggs: Prep Time: 10 mins; Cook Time: 15 mins.
Medium White Sauce: Prep Time: 5 Mins; Cook Time: 20 mins.
Place the eggs in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and cover them with cold water. **Make sure the tops of the eggs are covered by at least one inch of water. How much water will depend on the size of the pot, but in general, a bigger pot is better. Crowding the eggs, risks cracking them.
In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
Use any type of sturdy bread and toast it to your favorite "doneness."
1) Once your toast is on a plate, spoon the white sauce over the toast.
2) Sprinkle on the sliced or chopped egg white.
3) Sprinkle the egg white with the mashed egg yolk.