Real Men Do Eat Quiche
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- deep dish pre-made pie crust, frozen or refrigerated
- 1 lb
- kielbasa, turkey sausage, italian sausage or stick of peperoni
- 1 c
- frozen hash browns or other frozen potato
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese or any other variety
1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Beat the eggs in a bowl with the half and half. Add the cheese and parsley/cilantro and place in the bottom of each pie plate dividing ingredients evenly. If using refrigerated dough you will have to place the rolled out crust in your own pie plate first.
2cook the meat in a nonstick pan or spray with Pam, (use a pat of butter if you like!).Add tne frozen hash browns, the peppers and onions but do not brown the onions.
3Cool the meat and vegatables a bit and add to egg mixture in the pie plates, again dividing evenly and mix slightly to incorporate.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Check for doneness before removing from the oven by touching the top lightly with you finger which should not be wet or jiggly but somewhat firm.