Easy "Make Ahead" Breakfast Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 slice
- sourdough bread, buttered with real butter, softened
- 2 c
- frozen hash browns, o'brien style (with onions & bell peppers))
- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean country sausage, cooked & crumbled. or use 8-10 slices of applewood, thick sliced bacon, or you can use 12 to 16 oz. of cooked ham.
- 2 c
- colby/jack cheese, grated & divided in half
- 2 c
- milk, 2%
- 8 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- *mushrooms, sliced & sauteed in real butter (optional)
- several dash(es)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1Preheat oven to 350*F.
Butter all the bread slices and cut into cubes.
Spread them on bottom of a 9X13 lightly buttered casserole dish.
2Pour (2 cups) frozen hash browns evenly on top of bread.
3Sprinkle cooked crumbled sausage (or other meat) on top of hash browns. You can use 1 C. diced lean ham or 1 C. crumbled, cooked bacon. They are all delicious!
4Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the meat.
*If you choose to add the (optional) sauteed mushrooms, add them now.
5Beat the eggs, milk, salt & pepper together. Pour evenly over the layers.
6Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 1 hour then bake. May be made ahead and kept in refridgerator over night.
7Bake in 350*F. oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with toast & jam and some fruit. Enjoy!