Dutch Farmer's Breakfast
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- frozen hash browns (thawed) or shredded real potatoes
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion (if using hash browns with onions/peppers omit the 1/2 cup here)
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- cooked cubed ham or scrambled cooked sausage
- 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
22. Brown potatoes, salt and pepper in skillet with vegetable spray. (brown but not crispy)Stir in meat. Turn off heat.
33. In a bowl beat eggs. Put potato/meat mixture into a 9 X 13" casserole pan sprayed with vegetable spray. Pour eggs over.
44. Bake 20-30 minutes, COVERED. Eggs should be set and done. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more.
5Variations: You can add more chopped red and/or green peppers or mushrooms.
Optional: Assemble the night before and bake in the morning. It doesn't turn out quite as well but you can do this.