Comforting Southern Biscuits And Gravy Casserole
I have seen recipes that use a mix - but why not make the gravy yourself! It's easy peasy to make and once you do, you'll never look back.
This is definitely a crowd pleasing casserole. I sometimes make it for dinner. Then breakfast is ready in the morning - that is if there is any left.
I hope you give this one a try.
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage - i prefer hot but mild works just as well
- 1/2 medium
- onion, finely diced
- poblano pepper, finely diced - you can substitute bell pepper
- drippings from cooked sausage and additional vegetable oil to equal 4 tablespoons
- 4 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- whole milk, i wouldn't recommend skim for this recipe
- salt and pepper to taste
- large eggs
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 can(s)
- refrigerated butermilk biscuits 7.5 oz each
OTHER CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS:
In a 9 X 13 baking dish (greased or spray with cooking spray) add biscuits.
Note sometimes I like to dice a fresh jalapeno and cook with the flour/butter mixture to make jalapeno gravy.
I hope y'all enjoy!