Classic Quiche Lorraine
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- see below
* 1 cup shredded cheese, your choice I just spread the botton with grated swiss cheese. Putting the cheese down first helps prevent soggy crust
* Used sautéed onions and sautéed bacon llardons. Covered the bottom of baked pie shell.
* 1-1 1/2 cups of whatever you can dream up, or see suggestions below
* 4 eggs
* 2 cups heavy cream or half & half I used heavy cream
* 3/4 tsp salt
* 1/3 tsp nutmeg, ground
* I had about 1 cup of custard left over.
2. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the bottom of the crust.
3. Place veggies, meats and other additions on top of the cheese.
4. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg in a medium size mixing bowl on medium speed.
5. Carefully pour cream on top of veggies, etc.
6. Turned oven down to 350 and put the quiche back in oven and cooked for 42 - 50 minutes. Shut oven off and left in there for about 5 minutes
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
8. Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
9. Refrigerate leftovers.
10. Serves 6-8. 11. Serve with salad and a bowl of French Onion Soup for a 3 course meal.