I saw this posted on my friend's Facebook page and can't wait to try it on our next camping excursion.
- 20 ounce package pre-shredded hash brown-style potatoes
- large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- small sweet onion, coarsely grated
- thick slices deli ham, chopped into small bits (about 1 cup)
- 1 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- dozen eggs, scrambled
- chives for garnish
1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2Mix the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl. (Substitute bacon or sausage for the ham, if preferred)
3Spoon potato mixture into each prepared muffin cup until about 1/3 full. Gently press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup.
4Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. If the nests have puffed up too much in the center, scoop out a little with a teaspoon.
5Spoon a few tablespoons of scramble eggs into each nest and top with chives.