Spinach & Cheese Quiche (WW 5 Points, 250 calorie)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- frozen deep-dish (defrosted) or boxed single pie crust
- 12 oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
- c. low-fat cottage cheese
- c. grated parmesean cheese
- lg. eggs (or 2 lg. eggs and 3 lg. egg whites)
- tsp. salt
- tsp. pepper
- tsp. onion powder
- 10 oz. frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed in a towel very dry
- can mushrooms, optional
1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pie crust. If using frozen deep-dish pie crust, defrost first.
2Whisk together evaporated milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, onion powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
3Spread spinach evenly over bottom of pie shell. Place pie pan on foil-lined cookie sheet.
4Carefully pour egg mixture into pie shell.
5Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Cover crust with tin foil. I cut a large hole in the center of a square of foil. Lower oven temp. to 350 degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 8 wedges. 250 calories each.