Senator Al Franken's : Aunt Carla's Pumkin Cornbread
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
22. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
33. On the first speed of a hand or standing mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, and milk.
44. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry in three batches with a rubber spatula. The batter will be smooth, and is more fluffy than liquidy.
55. Pour the batter into a 9 by 13 baking pan (or two loaf pans), and place in the middle rack of the oven.
66. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick stuck in the middle of the cornbread comes out dry.
77. Let the cornbread cool for ten minutes, and then cut into pieces and serve.