Pineapple cheddar cornbread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- four eggs, lightly beaten
- one can cream style corn, 15 ounces
- one can crushed pineapple, juice pack, drained, 8 ounces
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 cup
1preheat oven to 375°. Grease and flour a 2 quart rectangle or other baking dish. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture on low speed just until mixed. Stir in corn, pineapple, and cheese. Spoon batter into prepared dish.
3Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.