Low Carb Quick Bread
This bread has a bit of an eggy texture and it slightly shiny in appearance. It does not rise into a tall loaf.
I made the sweet version for breakfast bread (toast or french toast) the savory version I used to make sandwiches.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 c
- whey protein (vanilla or plain/unflavored)
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 pkg
- ideal sweetener (or splenda) (the little packets)
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 3 large
- 1/8 c
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon and 3 packets of sweetener (for sweet breakfast bread)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder (for savory bread) (for savory bread, do not add sweetener)
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and set aside.
2Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl; then add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minute. Pour into loaf pan.
3Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
4Slice into 8 thick slices.
523 carbs for the entire loaf. Approximately 3 carbs per slice