Cinnamon Rolls made from scratch
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- yields 2 to 24 rolls ingredients list king arthur bread flour is best for this . but you can use plain flour 1 t lbs yeast (fast acting) 3/4 t lbs salt 1.cup sugar 1 3/4 cup warm water( warm to the touch) from faucet 1 1/4 lb of flour 1/2
Stir and set aside
1. in a large bowl combine yeast, salt, sugar, water oil,
2. Add flour & stir until well mixed and all flour is saturated
place plastic wrap over the bowl and let rise about 3 to 4 hours ( depending on the climate and humidity more or less)
let your dough double in size , and work for a while
4. Once your bread mixture has raised . On a floured surface knead the dough about 10 minutes
divide the dough into 2 equal portions , put one aside
5. one a floured surface place one portion of the dough and with a dough roller begin rolling .
Roll the dough into a rectangle shape. until 1/4 to 1/8 inches thick
Sprinkle 1/2 the sugar and cinnamon and nut mixture on the dough.
Begin rolling the dough from one end . rolling it into a log.
trim the ends of the log if you desire
and begin cutting the log about 1 in. to 1 1/2 in. apart.
place the rolls in a greased 9×13 pan
Bake @ 365 Degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes