1. Grease 2 9x5 loave pans, place wax paper to fit on the bottoms.
2. In a large bowl combine apples with 2 cups sugar; set aside.
3. Melt butter and allow to cool.
4. In a bigger bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder; set aside.
5. With butter cooled, combine with apples,along with eggs and vanilla.
6. Mix flour mixture with apple mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX.
7. Divide batter among the 2 pans; sprinkle each with 1 tsp sugar.
8. Bake in a preheated 325 oven F. 1 hr and 15 minutes to 1 hr and 30 minutes. Use tooth pick to test for doneness. Cool on wire rack 1 hr then remove from pans and cool completely. Wait 2-4 hours before slicing. Will remain at room temperature and wrapped in foil for 4 days, longer in refrigerator.