Photo and recipe is my own.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- jiffy cornbread mix
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- rounded teaspoon chopped jalapeno rings
- cup of sugar
- green onions finely diced
- cup roasted red bell pepper in jar, diced
- small can of drained mexicorn or 1/2 large can drained.
- large eggs
- splash of milk just to make thick batter
1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2Grease an 8 inch pan. I prefer an aluminum pan.
3(ignore the directions on the Jiffy box)
4In a medium mixing bowl put all the ingredients except the milk, gently stirring a few times with a spoon to combine. Don't mix it hard. Add the splash of milk to make a stiff batter, mix with a spoon just until blended, no more.
5Put the batter in the pan and bake at 400 degrees. Cornbread will pull away from the sides in about 25 minutes. If in doubt, you can always test with a toothpick.
6Tip: Be sure to use two large eggs so it doesn't crumble. Enjoy!