Featured Pinch Tips Video
- loaf baked italian or french bread
- 3/4 c
- or more (to taste) garlic cloves, peeled, minched
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms, preferably oyster or shiitake)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 tsp
- or more (to taste) dried red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2Cut loaf in half; place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.
3In a small bowl, combine butter with garlic, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes.
4Spread mixture evenly over bread halves.
5Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6Remove from oven; top with mozzarella.
7Return to oven for 5 minutes.
8Cut each loaf into 8 slices.