Spelt Quick Bread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 c
- whole grain spelt flour(i replaced 1/4c of the spelt with almond meal))
- 1/2 c
- rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp
- salt(original recipe called for 1t...1/2 was plenty!)
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 c
- mixed seeds(chia and flax were what i had on hand), divided
- 1 c
- buttermilk(i used plain yogurt-it worked great!)
- 1 Tbsp
- honey(not in the original recipe-i added it)
1Preheat oven to 400F and grease a loaf pan(8x4).
2Combine spelt flour and oats. Whisk in salt and baking soda. Stir in seeds, reserving 1T for topping.
3Stir together buttermilk or yogurt and honey(if using), and add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
4Place batter into greased loaf pan and sprinkle with reserved seeds. Bake for 30 min.
5Remove to a rack and cool in pan for 5 min. then dump out and cool completely on rack.