Cin`s 'When Ruffled Sallie met Steamy Broc' Sammie
Just pretend you are building a Sallie (aka, salad) and have fun with Brock (aka, broccoli).
Don't know if you will or not, but we liked the sandwich very much.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- loaf french bread, from the bakery
- handful of small broccoli florets
- handful of baby spinach (that has been pre washed, dried & torn)
- 6 to 8 oz smoked turkey breast deli meat (i had thinly sliced)
- 1 small
- carrot (sherd with cheese grater)
- 1 small
- baby seedless cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 small
- celery stick with it's leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium
- garden ripe tomato (sliced)
- mayonnaise for spreading
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (heaping) magonnaise
- 1 tsp
- (heaping) spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- lastly for the sandwich:
- 1/2 c
- finely shredded fiesta blend cheese (monterey jaack, cheddar, queso quesadilla & asadero)
- 1/3 c
- (crushed) ruffles with ridges
1Pretend you are building a salad. Becausse you are going to combine all, (EXCEPT the bread, meat and chips), in a bowl and toss with the sauce.
2BUT, first of all, give Broc a short steam bath, leaving him crisp but not too crisp.
Then let him jump into an ice bath to cool him down.
Roll (pour) him over into a colander and let him set until needed.
3Ok, now you can toss all the veggies into a medium size bowl.
4In a seperate (small) bowl mix or whisk your sauce ingredients together until well blended and creamy.
5Pour sauce over veggies and mix/toss together.
Fold in the shredded cheeses along with Broc.
6START YOUR ENGINE...no, no, no I mean building your Sammie!!
7Take your French Bread Loaf and slit it open (long ways).
Smear mayo on both sides.
Next place a layer of the veggie-cheese mixture on the bottom slice and sprinkle all acorss the length of it with the crushed ruffles w/ridges.
Now throw on a layer of the smoked turkey breast meat (if you have any of the veggie mix lefover, toss some of it over the meat...I did)...oooh and don't forget to place a few of those wonderful tomatoe slices on now.
Place the other long slice of the french bread loaf on top, press down a bit to hold together while you slice the sandwich into as many sections as needed.
8Makes a big Sammie...eat and enjoy (we did).