Corntastic corn bread
Irisa Raina 9
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 – 8.5 ounce box jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- ½ of a “ 14.75 “ can of cream style corn “ or you can use mexi-corn”
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- ½ of a “ 4 ounce” can of diced green chilies drained
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
1Beat egg and buttermilk slightly.
2Beat for about 1 minute on low, and then add the corn, chilies, cheese and 2 teaspoons melted butter.
3Add the muffin mix and beat for one more minute.
4Bake in a 400 degrees oven, lined a muffin tin with paper cups and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
5As soon as you remove them from the oven brush tops with remaining melted butter.