Chocolate glazed Ginger pumpkin muffins
add pizzazz by garnishing muffins with a sparkly touch of Topaz -- gems of crystallized ginger.unknown source
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- two large eggs
- chocolate glaze, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
1preheat oven to 400°. Line sixteen 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2In a medium bowl, stir together flour, Brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside. In a small bowl stir together pumpkin, melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
4Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till wooden pick inserted in the center said muffins come out clean. Remove muffins from muffin cups; cool completely on wire rack
5Dip the tops of the muffins into the chocolate glaze, allowing excess glaze to drip off. Put dipped muffins upright on the wire rack. Sprinkle tops of muffins with chopped crystallized ginger. Let stand for 30 minutes or until glaze set. Makes 16 muffins.
6Chocolate glaze: in a small pan combine 2 ounces chopped unsweetenedchocolate, 2 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate, and 1/4 cup butter, cut up. Cook and stir over very low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon light color corn syrup. Let glaze cool for 10 minutes before dipping muffins.
About this Recipe