Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 12 oz
- champagne, room temperature
1Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour. Shake the flour around until the whole interior is coated, then knock out the excess.
2In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and champagne, and stir with a spoon or spatula until moist and just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
3Bake at 350º F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from pan. Cool at least 10 minutes on a rack before slicing.
1. After the bread is baked, loosen the edges with a knife if needed, and gently knock the edge of the pan on the counter to release the loaf.
2. This recipe can easily be made into muffins instead of a whole loaf. Grease and flour a muffin tin as directed, and fill each cup about halfway full. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from tin and cool on a rack.
3. You can use any sparkling white wine available, such as cava, prosecco, or even real Champagne – although I suggest drinking the good stuff, and not ever cooking with it unless it’s gone horribly flat.