Roasted Grape Tomato and Basil Crostini
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 oz
- cherry tomatoes, halved (or one box)
- 1/3 c
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 8 clove
- garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme plus 3 tablespoons thyme leaves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- large baguette, cut into 24 (1/2-inch thick) diagonal slices
- 6 Tbsp
- good quality balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- large fresh basil leaves, cut into fine ribbons, for garnish
1To prepare roasted tomatoes, preheat oven 275 degrees and place a rack in the center. Place tomato halves in a medium mixing bowl and toss gently with 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and pour juices from bowl over tomatoes. Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and slightly shriveled, about 2 hours. Check tomatoes every 20 to 30 minutes, removing any that have browned. Remove tomatoes from oven and cool to room temp. Remove thyme sprigs and discard.
2Preheat broiler and arrange baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Brush tops with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toast until golden brown on top.
3To serve, remove baguette slices from oven and top with 4 or 5 cherry tomato halves, gently pressing to adhere. Drizzle each crostini with balsamic vinegar and top with basil ribbons. Serve immediately.