I bought this little book for the appetizer recipes..they all sounded great. This one is extremely simple, and I bet tasty too.
Picture and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 medium
- green onions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 12 slice
- (1/4 inch thick) baguette french bread
- 1/4 c
- finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- cherry tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices
- 6 slice
- packaged precooked bacon ( from 2.2 - oz package ) cut in half
11 Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cheese, mayonnaise and onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread slice; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Top each with half slice of bacon.
2Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and cheese is melted.
3Garnish each crostini with lettuce and tomato slice.