Skip's Shrimp and Oyster Dip
Jerry requested it as the hors d'ouvres of his choice on his birthday.
I believe anyone can be a good cook today without having to slave in a kitchen. I look for three features with every entre.
1) Is it quick and easy?
2) Does it taste good?
3) Is it impressive to look at?
If the answer is yes to those 3 questions, you have a great recipe.... This shrimp and oyster recipe fits the description as a keeper!
Hope you'll enjoy it.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- (12 ounce) bottle seafood cocktail sauce
- 12 oz
- frozen shrimp (pre cooked & cleaned) or 3 (4.25 ounce) cans of tiny shrimp, drained
- 1 can(s)
- smoked oysters, drained and chopped (3.66 ounce can or smaller)
- 12 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- bell pepper, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- roma tomatoes, chopped
1Spread your cream cheese in the bottom of a shallow dish such as one which is 1 inch deep. (Dipping out of a shallow dish is simply easier. A 13 X 9 dish will work too.) After layering cream cheese, layer all other ingredients on top of your cream cheese beginning with the seafood cocktail sauce and finally ending with the chopped roma tomatoes.
Serve with crackers or chips.
Enjoy your beautiful seafood entre!