- 1 lb
- cooked plain shrimp ( i like using the bigger ones and cutting them up in 1/2)
- 1/2 pkg
- imitation crabmeat (the kind you can shred, makes it much easier)
- limes, juiced (fresh is best)
- white onion, minced
- roma tomatoes, chopped
- cucumber, chopped (you can either peel it prior or leave skin on. i personally prefer to peel cucumber)
- cilantro, fresh chopped fine. (i tend to use about 1/2 a bushel. i don't like using most the stem/only use the top part.)
- 1 or more
- jalapeno peppers, (seeded or not seeded) it's your choice depending on how much heat you want. chop fine.
- avocado (optional) i normally don't add them to mine.
- tapatio & ketchup (optional, makes more of a shrimp cocktail taste) i normally will only do this in my own serving & add a tiny bit at a time till i get the desired taste.
- 1-2 bag(s)
- tortilla chips
Optional Ingredients, Advocado & Jalapeno (I seed and chop them up)
If you would like it to be more like a Shrimp Cocktail. Add Tapatio & Ketchup to the mix it gives it a nice spicy & tangy flavor. I will just add a little at a time and taste before adding more. It's easier to use a little and be able to add more than adding too much.
Goes well with dipping with Tortilla chips, On top of a Tostada. I love making this when we grill Carne Asada. Makes a great side dish as well for it. I also take this to parties and have always got a lot of compliments.