Afterburners with Spicy Quesco Dip
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- jalapeño peppers
- 6 slice
- bacon, cut n half lengthwise
- small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- (16-oz.) pepper jack velveta, cubed
- 1 can(s)
- 1 (10-oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips (if desired)
Peel shrimp, and devein.
Cut a slit in each jalapeño pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a jellyroll pan.
Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked. Serve warm.
Cook onion in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.