Kicking Coca-Cola Glazed Wings
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup regular coke (coca-cola)
- juice of two limes
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 jalopeno peppers, seeds removed and chopped fine
- 3 pounds of chicken wings (12 to 14 wings)
- course salt and pepper
- 2 jalopeno peppers (or fresh lime slices) for garnish
1In small saucepan over high heat, bring Coke, lime juice, brown sugar and chopped jalopeno peppers to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until syrupy- about 10 minutes.
Half wings at joint and place in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour half of the sauce over the wings then toss to coat. Keep remaining sauce warm.
Place the oven rack 4 inches below oven broiler. Heat the oven to broil 30 minutes before cooking. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Place an oven proof rack on top of the foil lined baking sheet. Place wings on rack. Put into oven and broil for 10 minutes on each side, brushing with remaining sauce every 5 minutes. Garnish with the slices jalopeno peppers or fresh lime slices. Serve.