Hooters Buffalo Wings
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- # 1/4 cup butter # 1/4 cup louisiana hot sauce # 1 dash pepper, ground # 1 dash garlic powder # 1/2 cup flour # 1/4 teaspoon paprika # 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper # 1/4 teaspoon salt # 10 chicken wings # bleu cheese salad dressing # celery # veget
2. 2 If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
3. 3 Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.
4. 4 Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
5. 5 Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
6. 6 You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.
7. 7 Put all the wings into the hot oil and fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
8. 8 Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain.
9. 9 But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot. Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.
10. 10 Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all the wings evenly.
11. 11 You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.
12. 12 Put all the wings inside the container, add the sauce, put on the lid, then shake. Serve with Blue cheese or Ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.