Mixed Olives with Lemon and Rosemary, circa 1970
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, each 5 inches long
- 1 1/2 lbs. assorted brined olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. brined capers, not salt cured
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. caper berries, optional
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
1Bruise rosemary sprigs with the bottom of a small metal pan and remove leaves.
2Place rosemary, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, red pepper flakes, caper berries and garlic in large nonreactive bowl. Mix thoroughly and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving.