Mary Kay Andrews' 'Mater Tots
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- finely shredded parmesan, romano, or mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg
- mini phyllo shells-usually in the freezer case by frozen biscuits
- 3/4 c
- peeled and finely diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp
- finely minced onions-preferably vidalia
- 1/4 tsp
- each: fresh ground black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon bits
1Peel and dice tomatoes, sprinkle with seasoning mixture, and let juices and seeds drain in colander.
2Mix onion and basil with tomatoes and spoon into mini phyllo shells.
3"Frost" top of tomato-filled cups with mayo piped from a plastic bag with the corner snipped out.
4Sprinkle with cheese, add bacon bits, bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or 'til tops are lightly browned. Serve warm.