Chunky Festive Pepper Jelly
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- finely chopped, sweet red and orange bell peppers (you can use just one color.)
- 1 c
- finely chopped, jalapeno or serrano peppers (i sometimes use a combination of both.)
- 1 c
- apple cider vinegar (can use white distilled vinegar; but use a vinegar with 5% acidity.)
- 3 oz
- pouch of certo or sure-jel liquid pectin
- 5 c
- 1 tsp
- butter (helps keep down the foam on the jelly.)
- sterilized canning jars, rings and lids. process using the water bath canning method.
11. Get all of your ingredients measured and ready to go.
22. Place finely chopped peppers all in a large pot. Add in vinegar. Stir together and bring to a boil.
88. Suggestions for serving: (1a) Place a block of Cream Cheese in the center of a plate; and spoon or pour the Pepper Jelly over it. Line the outside of the plate with Ritz Crackers (or your favorite cracker), surrounding the Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly. (1b) You can also soften Cream Cheese with a mixer. And when it is a a spreading consistency, mix in the pepper jelly. And spread of crackers. It is soooo addictive! But hey, I can think of worse things we could be addictive to having.
9NOTE: This batch/recipe makes a chunky jelly. I make it both ways –smooth and chunky. If you want it smoother, puree it in a blender or food processor. You will need to cook it longer; and use more pectin for it to gel correctly (about 3 more tablespoons) .