Warm bacon cheese spread, TNT
Lynnda Cloutier @eatygourmet
this dip is outstanding. I made it for a family gathering and everyone loved it. LC.
- one round loaf sourdough bread, 1 pound
- one package cream cheese softened, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 8 ounces
- 3/4 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- assorted crackers
1cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1 inch shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes. Set aside.
2In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Stir in bacon and onions.
3Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy duty foil, about 24" x 17". Bake at 325° for one hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. The rich spread bakes right in the bread bowl and goes well with almost any deeper. Plus, cleanup is a breeze.