Know your Hispanic Cheeses? Conozca Sus Quesos Hispanos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- fresh moist cheese, mild firm slightly tangy cheese similar in texture to mozzarella. usually in a ball or braided. it strings like mozzarella when heated and can be used in quesadillas and other cooked dishes.
- milky and mild, with a texture similar to high moisture mozzarella, softens with heat but does not melt use in cooked dishes such as enchilada or crumble over tacos or chili can be sliced and fried.
- queso fresco, soft, moist, mild and crumbly cheese for sprinkling over enchiladas, black bean soup, or onto a salad; it does not melt
- queso blanco, mild meltable cheese similar to monetery jack
- requeson, fresh mild curdlike cheese similar to ricotta. used in fillings and desserts
- above are all fresh, moist cheeses
Asadero, Also called queso quesadilla becasue of it's usefulness in that dish. Usualy sold sliced, asadero melts well and can be used for nachos or burgers.