Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large loaf french bread unsliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb. grated cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper, if you like spicy
- finely chopped chili peppers or bacon bits, optional
1Slice French bread in thick 1 inch slices, remove crust. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
2In pan, stir butter and both cheeses over low heat til melted. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, red pepper and chopped onions. Using a whisk, beat in eggs, whisk thoroughly. Add any additional ingredients now. Cook a few minutes more.
3Using a fork or tongs, dip each bread cube into hot cheese mixture, turning to coat all sides. Put on cookie sheet til cold. These can be served hot or at room temperature.