Blue Fondue with a Kiss of Cognac
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed with the flat side of a knife
- 1 cup light cram or half and half
- 2 tbsp. cognac or brandy
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, preferably the bulk variety, cut into bits
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- cayenne pepper
1Rub inside of medium pan with garlic and discard. Add light cream to pan and warm over medium heat.
in small bowl, whisk together cognac and cornstarch til well blended. Whisk into warm cream. Bring to a boil, stirring til smooth and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir n blue cheese and cream cheese, letting each addition melt before adding more. Stir in thyme and cayenne to taste.
2Transfer to fondue pot. preferably ceramic or enameled cast iron and serve at once. Regulate heat under pot if possible so that the cheese fondue remains warm, not hot. Makes about 3 1/2 cups or 8 to 10 appetizer servings.