Bacon Rapped Sausage Jalapeno Popper's
I have done them both ways and to tell you the truth I think they are better out of the oven.
These have been given 5 stars by everyone that has had them. I even made them for the 50th birthday and one of the wife's co-workers stood over them and that was all he ate.
TIP: If you have a slow cooker and want to take to a gathering, put a small grate in slow cooker and put a bit of water in it to keep them warm.
- 24 oz
- ground sausage, pork or andouille (cajun), (i like the andouille)
- 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- large jalapeno peppers
- 2 lb
- bacon, thawed, (you may want to have an extra pound out, you will see in directions)
- 1/2 c
- green onion w/greens, chopped
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, sharp or medium
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- cayenne pepper, or to taste
Ok, here is the bit from above. I have done these I don't know how many times and I like to wrap my popper with a full piece of bacon each, that way it goes all the way around. You may want less bacon so before frying, cut the pound in half. remember it's going to end up short.
Fill the sink with water and dump in the jalapenos'. Hold under water trim off the stem to the edge of the pepper and cut down the center. With a very small knife, clean out the seeds and extra pulp so that you have a little boat. Drain on paper towels as you go.