Tomato Bruschetta Bites
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- hard italian bread or baguette , sliced
- 2 c
- salsa, homemade or bought (tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper)
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- sliced mozzarella cheese or feta cheese
- 1 bunch
- fresh basil, chiffonade style
- 1/3 c
- balsamic vinegar, reduced to a syrup consistency
1Slice bread and drizzle with olive oil. toast to crunchy/hard. Slice and plate.
2Top toasted bread with slices of cheese, spoon on salsa (drain if needed,depending on how juicy and ripe the tomatoes are, it should be fairly dry), shake on italian seasoning and salt to taste.
3Drizzle olive oil over all.
4Reduce balsamic Vinegar down in a sauce pan until it is syrupy.
Drizzle on top of bruschetta.
5Cut basil (chiffonade style) and sprinkle over all.
6chiffonade style cut : stack basil leaves , then roll up tightly. cut across.