Sprouted Grain Salad
Janice Joy Miller
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 c
- whole grain berries (spelt, rye, wheat, etc.)
- filtered water
- carrot, fresh, jullienne slices
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 small
- spring onions, green and white, finely chopped
- 1 small
- clove garlic, finely chopped (about the size of 2 whole cloves)
- 1 can(s)
- whole hearts of palm, drained, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
1Rinse the whole grains and place them in a bowl.
2Cover them with water and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
3Drain the grain.
4Rinse and drain twice daily for two more days, letting sit covered at room temperature, until you see the little tail of a sprout sticking out.
5Add all the rest of the ingredients, toss, and refrigerate 2 hours before serving to let the flavors blend.