~ Comforting Au Gratin Shrimp Cups ~ Yum!
This shrimp dish really hit the spot. Creamy good and just a hint of Sherry to the flavor. Can be served as an appetizer w/ toasted baguettes or serve over pasta as a main dish.
It's impressive enough to serve guests. They will thank you!
- 2 Tbsp
- each - butter & flour
- 2/3 c
- milk or a little more if too thick
- 1/8 c
- fresh grated - parmesan cheese + 3 tablespoons for topping
- 2 Tbsp
- dry sherry
- 1 c
- medium cooked and deveined shrimp - tails removed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- green onion - i mainly use the tops
- cayenne pepper
- salt to taste - i used about 1 tsp
- for ramekins
In a small saucepan, over medium heat - melt butter. Whisk in the flour and stir well to combine, continue cooking for a little over a minute, making sure not to burn.
Butter ramekins and spoon equal portions into each. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of Parmesan for each. Next 1 tablespoon bread crumbs for each and a sprinkle of paprika.